Thursday 23 January 2014

Using Games Theory to explain benefits of Forgiveness

(This page is a work in progress - I will be updating it after the event for which it was created has actually occurred).
I'm planning an outreach activity for the Local Methodist Church's Messy Church family event. It involves showing how a branch of mathematics (Game Theory) can demonstrate the benefits of forgiveness in a game.
I'm using the classic Peace-War game.
The cards and the activities text for the game are downloadable from Dropbox, just follow the links. These are both in Adobe PDF format so you will need to install the free Acrobat Reader software if it is not already on your computer. I printed them, used a laminator and then cut the cards up. Despite printing a pattern on the other side, the cards came out a little transparent for my liking. I'd suggest printing on some lightweight coloured card rather than white paper.

No comments: